Thursday, October 20, 2011

This is the photo of the day today for National Geographic.  It is a picture of marine catfish in Japan taken by a photographer named Brian Skerry. One thing about this picture that I like are how much the fish stand out because of their vibrant green color against the sandy ocean floor.  This photo has a lot of motion in it which also makes it an interesting picture to look at.  by using a longer shutter speed the photographer has made some of the fish blur along with the ocean floor.  I think this makes the picture more interesting because it almost gives it another layer for the viewer to look at.  The first thing or the top layer that I see are the fish that are in focus and as I look at it longer I see the fish that are in motion which is like a second layer.  The composition of the photo also gives it movement in that the school of fish are placed at the left and are swimming through the picture plane to the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment