Thursday, August 25, 2011

Response to first chapters

The first few chapters were mainly about the equipment that is needed when doing nature photography. It talked about the importance of having a SLR camera especially when taking pictures of small subjects up close. The chapter also went into all the different lenses a photographer should have. I am most interested in taking pictures of things up close so according to the chapter I would benefit from a macro lens and other close up adapters. I hadn't realized how important tripods are to photographers. The book describes lots of situations in which they come in handy. This chapter showed a ton of useful accessories for taking pictures which is a very cool thing but it also made me realize how expensive a hobby or career in photography can be. If I became serious about photography though I’m sure that money would be worth it to produce beautiful pictures. At the beginning of the chapter they author mentioned Photoshop and being able to enhance and change your pictures once you've taken them. This is something that I am really looking forward to learning more about through taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment