Thursday, September 15, 2011

3 wildlife pictures


I took this picture at Spokane Bay outside of Helena this summer.  I hike to this spot a lot and I had seen these cool black birds and lots of pelicans there each time I had gone so I decided to bring my camera and try and get a picture.  If I would have done more research I could have gotten to the specific spot these birds went to and sat there and waited, however I was just getting to the bay and saw them on the dock so I didn't have the opportunity to get that close and I was a little higher up instead at eye level.  I waited until the birds did something interesting and when they both spread their wings together I was ready to take the picture.






This is a picture of two mosquito killer insects on the side of the gray panels of my house. I had seen these bugs around my house during the summer and one time I ran inside and grabbed my camera to take some pictures. I took this picture by getting really close to the subjects this made it so that they were the only things in focus and the soft background was blurred along with the ends of their legs.  The background is really boring and the arragement is also pretty plain but it does bring more attention to the bugs.  I like how much the blue eyes stand out but I could have done things to make it more interesting. 




This photo was taken by Brian Skerry.  He had to have known where these black tip sharks would be and at what time. He must have been in the water with them because it was taken at very shallow depths and the sunset looks to be close to eye level.  He is still above the subject, if he was eye level with it he would have been doing underwater photography.  He must have used some kind of flash because the foreground and the shark are light while the background is darker.
Photo: Blackfin shark in shallow water


No comments:

Post a Comment