Tuesday, November 22, 2011





I took these photos on campus this week.  I did a little editing on them mostly just cropping and boosting the brightness and contrast.  The first two are of an icicle I found dangling from a car.  I like how you can see a drop starting to form at the tip of the icicle and see the detail in the icicle.  I had found this river rock on the Yellowstone and decided to put it in the snow.  I like the contrast of the smooth, colorful rock against the white snow.  I think the colors and the designs in the rock is what makes this photo interesting.  The next photo is a little less interesting because the rock is more plain and simple but I like the composition, but I could crop it more to make it follow the rule of thirds a little better.  I really like the texture of the final picture.  I also like it because it is sort of hard at first to tell exactly what it is but once you see the other rocks that are poking out of the snow you know that the rest of the bumps in the snow are more covered rocks.  For the last few assignments I have taken photos on campus or at riverfront park and I am looking forward to going home for thanksgiving to be able to take some photos of some different subjects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment