Monday, November 7, 2011

Nature photos






These are some pictures that I took at Riverfront park and here on campus.  When we had our first snow of the winter I decided to go out and take some photos.  for all of these pictures the editing that I did was trying to crop them to make the composition more interesting and trying to make the colors stand out by changing the hue/saturation and contrast/brightness.  In the first one I tried to crop it so it fell into the rule of thirds. I did the same with the second one also.  I like how the red stands out in the leaves that are covered in snow but I think I need to change the composition in them.  The last leaf picture I cropped a lot because there were a lot of other leaves in the background that I think distracted the viewer.  In most of these pictures I think there is a good variation from darks to lights. I also like the sharp edges of some subjects countered by rough edges.  for example the leaves have sharp straight edges whereas the snow on top of them has more variation in the lines and edges.  There is a good contrast between sharp images and blurred ones.  in the second picture of the wasp nest most of the image is in focus but there are a few branches that are not.  In the first two images you can see the snow falling. I can not decided if this helps or hurts the images but I am leaning towards hurt. In my next edit I would like to try and get the snow streaks out of the picture.













No comments:

Post a Comment