Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday 11/3

This is a  picture that I took when I was taking pictures of leaves for our last blog.  I like how the bright green algae in the bottom of the picture plane runs through the water in little channels that your eye follows and brings you to the reflection.  The leaves floating on top of the water could be a little distracting but overall I like the picture.  I changed the hue, saturation, and contrast when I edited it and it made the green algae really jump out and made the water more blue.  I think these edits make the picture much more interesting. This photo may have too much going on and would better serve as two different pictures one where the subject is the algae and the other of the reflection but I also like how they work together.


 I think pictures of nature reflecting onto water are very cool because they almost create an optical illusion.  I found some other cool reflections on the National Geographic website.





These are both photographs by Raymond Gehman.  The first one is of Wind River Range in Wyoming, and the second is of a lake in Canada.  Both of these reflection shots had to be taken at just the right time.  Not only a time when there is no wind but also a time when there is the best light. Also planning to take the second photo during the fall makes it a more interesting picture because of all of the changing leaves. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment