Thursday, December 6, 2012

Social Commentary



Title: Death Train 
Date taken: 12/2
Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ28
Shutter speed: 1/250
F-stop: f/8
ISO: 100
Focal length: 26 mm
Tripod: No
Comments: Fresco Filter
http://welcome-to-poltava.com.ua/read/poltava_mystic_house_on_pushkina_street




My goal of this social commentary piece was to paint a negative image of coal trains.  As far as pollution and the continuous traffic through Montanas beautiful land. I understand that coal is a necessity for us, though I wish it wasn't, but the amount of coal trains that pass through a town is shocking.  Train cars full of pollution, and train cars polluting themselves with coal dust and noise.  I wish we had alternative sources of energy that were used more often so that coal would be obsolete.  Instead of seeing trains carrying coal all the time I would like to see trains carrying wind turbines, or large solar panels.  At first this photo was just of a picture of a coal train with a crow on top of it.  Using photoshop I put in a murder of crows in the sky to create a more erie and ominous feeling.  I also used a filter on the image to make it look more evil and negative.  I used these different effects because at first there was not an obvious stance on coal trains.  There was nothing in the picture that screamed out “I hate coal trains!”  By using photoshop I was able to make my message obvious to the viewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment