Thursday, December 6, 2012

Portrait

Title: Kirsty 
Date taken:12/5
Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ28
Shutter speed: 1/15
F-stop: f/3.6
ISO: 400
Focal length: 19.4mm
Tripod:  no



My portrait is of my roommate Kirsty Montignani.  As far as capturing personality and character I feel it is a very accurate photo.  She is a very fun, care free, and outgoing individual and you can sense that from the photo.  She is also from Scotland so I wanted to put in a few things that represent that.  She is wearing the Scotland flag around her shoulders and a plaid hat with some fake red hair coming out.  It is a goofy picture but Kirsty is a goofy person.  Technically I would have done a few things differently.  I took the photo inside and opened the window to let in some natural light from the left side of the photo.  There is also a small lamp on that was giving some light to the right side of the photo.  At first I was in in aperture priority and changed it to F8 but that wasn't really producing very sharp images so I tried out one of my pre settings.  I ended up using a indoor portrait setting which gave me decent results.  I would have liked to have some better lighting and maybe a more appealing background but overall I think capturing this persons likeness was successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment